Hellenic Defence Systems S.A. (ΕΒΟ-PYRKAL) or EAS s.a. is the only Greek defence industry which for 140 years has been engaged in the design, development, manufacturing and trading of NATO type guns, weapon systems and ammunition.
EAS has been established in 2014 after the merging made in 2004 by the:
- “Greek Powder & Cartridge Company S.A.” better known as “PYRKAL”
- “Hellenic Arms Industry S.A.” better known as “ΕΒΟ”
EAS’ range of production includes guns, weapons, weapon and missile systems as well as ammunition of small, medium and large caliber.
Furthermore EAS is dealing with:
- The maintenance and upgrading of anti-aircraft weapon and missile systems
- The manufacturing of missile parts,
- The upgrading and modernization of weapons and weapon systems,
- The inspection, evaluation, collection and demilitarization of ammunition and,
- The static & ballistic tests of guns, ammunition and bulletproof materials.
EAS Headquarters are located in Hymettus, near to the centre of Athens
The plants of the company are located in the Central Greece within Attica and Achaia Prefectures.
EAS’ workforce is 500 persons.
EAS is a State- owned company. Having as main shareholder the Hellenic Ministry of Finance, the company is supervised by the Ministry of National Defence.
The oldest company
based on high NATO standards
its high quality
Board of directors
It is the supreme administrative and eminently decisive body of the Company and is responsible for deciding, supervising and exercising control over any matter concerning its organization, management and operation.